The Rubinoos – Do You Remember
Labels:Yep Roc Records
Number of Tracks:1
From the Album:Do You Remember
Available Date & Time: Sep 11 2019 09:30:00 EDT
"Do You Remember"
Lead single from
Produced by Chuck Prophet
Going for airplay now!
In a just universe the story of The Rubinoos would be adapted and produced as a PBS American Masters program (four-parts, ideally). Why? Because The Rubinoos, is a tale that has all the peaks and valleys of Shakespeare’s best. It’s the story of America’s favorite band (if only America had paid better attention). But it’s not a just universe, and this is not a story that comes to us from a just universe. It couldn’t. There’s no good music in a just universe. They don’t need the good music there. We need it here. That’s why we have the Rubinoos. Music for an unjust universe.
Billboard Chart debuts:
#12 Alternative New Artist Chart
#27 Top New Artist Chart (Heatseekers)
"…the Creative Resurgence of Power Pop Pioneers" – Billboard
"A must have for power pop fans" – Shindig
"…a sparkling return to form" – American Songwriter
1) Appeared on Dick Clark’s American Bandstand
2) Did 56 dates opening for Elvis Costello during the Armed Forces tour
3) Appeared multiple times in Tiger Beat.
4) Were at one point produced by Todd Rundgren.
5) Had to sue Avril Lavigne for lifting their song “I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend,” eventually settling out of court.
6) Acted as Jonathan Richman’s backing band, The Modern Lovers, on classics including “The New Teller” and “Government Center.”
7) Completed more than 15 tours of Spain . . . since 2000.
8) Had a top fifty hit in the U.S. covering “I Think We’re Alone Now,” originally by Tommy James and the Shondells.
9) Had a hit in the U.K. with “I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend.”
10) Recorded the theme for “Revenge of the Nerds” and lived through the experience, their dignity intact . . . for the most part.
11) Have a band member who made demos for Holland-Dozier-Holland and another who wrote for Modern English.
12) Recorded their second record at The Who’s Rampart Studios, finding themselves frustrated that a singer down the hall was wasting studio time beating up the vocal line, “Whooooo are you? Hoo hoo, hoo hoo,” causing one Rubinoo to say, “When are these old fucks gonna be done so we can record?”
Watch "Do You Remember" Official Video:
November 1 – The Chapel – San Francisco, CA
November 3 – Harlow's – Sacramento, CA
November 17 – Bootleg Bar – Los Angeles, CA
December 9 – White Eagle – Portland, OR
December 11 – Sunset Tavern – Seattle, WA
Radio promotion contact
Brad Paul Media
|To receive Play MPE Releases please add your account to a Play MPE® managed list or register for an account here.|